9.24.2008

Who Needs McCain?

(via TPM) It looks like there's a new Democratic plan circulating in Congress that includes practically all the progressive priorities - and the emerging wisdom is that it'll pass. This makes me happy.

I was going to write about how I've been pretty disappointed w/ Pelosi and Reid and the Dems because they've been posturing by trying to get as many republicans on board, so they can blame the bad deal on the republicans - and by saying it's a Bush problem and he needs to be part of the answer. All of that really seemed childish to me and is a great wasted opportunity for Dems to take the bull by the horns and do something productive. So, I'm hoping that this new Dem plan goes through and the Dems get credit for a good bill (which everyone agrees is needed) instead of passing a bad bill just to blame on the GOP. We can only blame them for so long before we are going to be held accountable, and when you control Congress, you're accountable ...

No comments: