12.02.2008

I Bet He Is!

(via TPM)

I'm reading an interesting article at the Journal about the second-try presentations the big three are planning to make to Congress. A very interesting read. But as much as we hear about executive compensation I was still a little struck by this line: Ford CEO Alan Mullaly "has earned close to $50 million in total compensation since taking the helm of Ford in 2006."

It was Mullaly who, when asked at that hearing whether he'd be willing to take a $1 salary in exchange for federal aid said: "I think I'm OK where I am."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the fat cats has to tell Ford's CEO that even if they get a $1 salary, they can still get bonuses and equity. It's the magic of Boards of Directors who are all CEOs, and have an interest in high executive pay which is not transparent to the public and to shareholders.

VH1