3.11.2009

Douthat to the NYT


(via VH1) Ross Douthat - a 29 year old (really!) blogger at the Atlantic - has just been named as Bill Kristol's replacement over at the NYT op-ed page. I couldn't be happier. I read Ross consistently and think he's a very impressive conservative. David Brooks loves him too, I remember a while back that Brooks said that Ross's style of conservatism was the future of the GOP (and he also gave a favorable view Douthat's The Grand New Party). Trust me, he's a thoughtful, thinking, conservative who deserves the increased readership he's going to get over at the Grey Lady. He and Brooks are a great one-two punch for the page ... but of course they'll be painted as the 2 Republicans that liberals love most.

Also, back when Kristol left I posted Politico's speculation that Ross was among the frontrunners ... he was my inside favorite, but I guess I was too cowardly to own up to it. Either way - color me satisfied.

UPDATE: I concur with this.

No comments: