11.14.2008

HRC for SecSt?

Do you really think Hillary Clinton will be tapped as Secretary of State? I have thought for a while that she would be a good Senate Majority Leader - she's been a pretty darn good senator, and is really good on domestic policy and has a lot of legislative talent to offer, so Secretary of State seems a little odd to me. The other names I've heard tossed around: Richardson, Kerry, etc. would seem like a much more natural pick, and I wonder how it'll look if she's passed over - especially after it leaked that she wasn't even vetted for veep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Syd O hates that idea. It sounds like a booby prize, no pun intended.

Dr. Ed said...

I think HRC would be a good SofS, notwithstanding the comments about being a good Senate majority leader as well. She's a capable person.