5.05.2009

Torture Memos

I know I've been busy and the blog's taken a hit - but I'm gearing up to learn more about the results of the DOJ internal investigation into the torture memos that will be released Thursday. Apparently, from the leaks, the DOJ is going to refer Bybee, Yoo and the other guy to their respective bar associations - that means they did something unethical and the bar associations will decide what to do.

Doubt that any prosecutions will come of it - especially since it's the DOJ investigating the DOJ. But I guess I'm ok with it as long as everything's aired out - whichapparently includes the fact that Bybee wanted a seat on the 9th circuit, so they put him in OLC - then asked for memos - got them - and now he's on the 9th. Apparently this is what Judgment at Nurembeurg was about.

No comments: